Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Lure of the City

City life is totally a huge adjustment for me. It is so different from the place I grew up with. The buildings are tall, the malls are crowded, mundane traffic jams, the streets are busy even at night, bars, not to mention the "thieves" are just around the corner and most of all the utmost pollution. But all these things are normal in the city and I have to live with it. On the contrary, it is where I find many career opportunities, learned many things, accepting different people and standing my own decision and consequences.
photo: I "googled" it.

Way back September 2009 when I started to be independent and live my life alone most of the week was extremely challenging. I could still remember when I transferred here. I didn't have anything in the house aside from clothes and some personal things. I didn't know how to budget my allowances until the next pay day, I didn't know how to go to the center of the city for I was used to in my life in the countryside and I didn't know well the environment. Everything was new to me but one thing, I'd loved the challenge. My parents permitted to transfer in the city because they trusted me in all areas of my life and I felt good to receive their "Yes, we will allow you." I knew before that I have to learn many things; like cooking (though I used to cook) but cooking only for myself, buying all the stuffs I needed, budgeting my money, prioritizing things and decisions, dealing with different people and most especially adjusting to their ways of living. I knew that I shouldn't follow all their modes, manners or styles. The people are liberated in most areas of their lives. Opinions, manners of speaking, ways of life, night life, friends blah blah blah. 

I have so many experiences to tell while I am currently luring the city mostly bad turned into good ones. Apart from I learned to be independent and budgeting, I also learned to deepen my patience, way of understanding things and turning bad situation/circumstances into good to get the most essential thing in it - the lesson itself. I even gained knowledge in making good choices. Though I had a first-hand experience in relationship and didn't work in return, I still believe it was good. I don't want to spend mourning over that spilled milk relationship nor I don't want to drop any single moment grieving or crying because after all the lessons I got in it were still significant. To value people's indifference is my preference. So, the next time I'll fall in love in the city, I know what and how to weigh things.

Moving on I also had so many trials and test in terms of friendship. People here are quite mysterious for me. Maybe because we're old enough to handle things and it's not like those times in elementary where the excitement in meeting new friends and play have the most impact rather than on working that relationship as pals. What I realized is that finding good people in the city is little hard. Perhaps it's just me or it possibly because I'm too picky with regards to trusting people. Yet I'm glad I have one, the only one. I even met someone who was/is like a "sandpaper" to me. I found it hard at first for I was/am not used to of misunderstandings and misconceptions. Hearing untrue stories from others and gossiping were not the area I excelled at however I was able to deal with it.    

At now I'm loving and enjoying my life here. I have so many plans and dreams. I want to explore more the city and its people. I wish to be firmer and stronger as I continue to live and face different challenges here. I pray for a complete guidance and protection. I hope to have a brighter life in the city. I foresee myself to work here until I get older or even get married and live here. As I lure more this place, I am grateful for the various experiences and the chance to see the other side of the town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment