Friday, September 9, 2011

The Soul That Surfs Me

Few hours ago I just finished watching the film "Soul Surfer." I was encouraged to watch it because I when I first saw the trailer few months ago, I was already excited to watch. Then I remember this morning about it, after church during lunch time I then searched the movie to watch. This is a true story about faith, family and fighting to get back on the board.  Another good thing is, the movie is based on a real-life experience of Bethany Hamilton, the main character and an award winning professional surfer now. And one more thing, my first favorite bible verse is also featured here; Jeremiah 29:11. hehe

I love movies who have great messages and this is one of those movies that I find awesome. The impact of their lines and messages are applicable to my life and to others as well and I usually share the movie to some of my friends so they will be blessed too. I am happy to know and discover that I am able to watch movie now for I was not used to before. I praise and thank the Lord because through this film I learned and being reminded that having a wider faith and trust can make everything possible. I am all blessed with the characters. The family relationship is so incredible. I can't give enough details for it will too long to tell. The great friendship is lovely. Nothing changes after the big trials. And the way they approach and face every set-backs, you can really find the courage and faith believing that everything will be okay. What a great balance! So, I highly recommend you my readers to watch this film so you will know my feelings and be blessed as well. 

Some movie lines I hardly can't forget...

"I don't want easy. I only need possible.
Love bigger than tsunami, stronger than fear.
When you get in the impact zone, get back-up.
A small step is a good direction.
Compassion can drive us to do amazing things and gives us perspective.
It's hard to look at things that are too close to you.
I could never embraced this many people with two arms."


On the other hand, I also found this link which helped me remember of some famous line and dialogues in the movie and deepen it more. 

------------------------------------
http://briandoddonleadership.com/2011/04/09/10-leadership-quotes-and-principles-from-soul-surfer/

Photo courtesy of Google

No comments:

Post a Comment