Friday, October 28, 2011

First EC

In lieu of my last post here's now the story:

I claimed to be in the Excellence Conference this year, but due to unexpected circumstances I gave up and surrendered my desire to be there. Since I already have the plane tickets courtesy of a very good friend in community and I still felt obligated to pay so on Monday dated October 3, I went to CFCCC for the Team Rev. and to meet and pay my friend. To my surprise he didn't accept my payment and said in vernacular; "Unsaon mana nako ang kwarta?, Dili ra gihapon na nako magamit. I-libre na lang nako nimo imong ticket. Hiposa na lang nang kwarta basta ang importante moadto ka!" -- That was actually WOW! I was shocked and wasn't able to utter some words. Then he asked; "Did you already ask message from the Lord since you will not go?" -- I answered shamefully, no:-( "Okay, asked message first then tell me, I'll be praying for you. " 

If you were on my shoe, how were you going to deal with it? As for me, that was 1 confirmation that the Lord wanted me to go to EC. Then I told my faci about it and she said, settle everything first, lodging, registration and so on. I'll be praying for you too. Another friend of mine but haven't seen her personally was also praying for me at that time. I can say, many were praying for my EC. And to make the long story short, I WENT THERE in faith, a confident me and along with all my messages from the Lord.

-------------------

In EC...

I learned a lot. I enjoyed so much. I was spirit-filled individual with full of blessings and graces. I actually was crying because my faith was so small and I such a sinner yet the Lord blessed me with everything I can't imagine. I had my first EC with the theme "Days of Grace". It was His grace also when I had the opportunity to serve in FoodCom, first EC and first service in an international event. Wow! I didn't think of serving there because it was my first time yet the Lord called me because He wanted to show me that His grace surround me all the time and all I have to do was to see and respond to it. 

"If you run out of words to pray, go and read the Book of Psalms." - Nelia Cosio. 

I also learned how to deepen my quite time and it's all about my "commitment". Commitment in prayer and constant seeking God's presence. I don't know but I was really blessed. I also had the chance to register myself for the next year's EC "Pray". 

I realized when you surrender yourself to God, everything will run smoothly. You don't have to work hard on it, because the Lord will reveal His ways for you when you least expect it. The feeling is like a wind blowing.

I wish to impart all the things I learned there...really great! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment