Thursday, June 16, 2011

Obedience

The facets of life change everyday. From simple to complex, from highest to lowest, from failures to success as to pains to happiness. Oh well, life is full of different surprises. Composing this blog is merely for the idea of reminding myself on things I need to look closely. Uhm. Let's start.

For the past few weeks, I've been eating different kinds of foods. No refusal if somebody offers hahaha. Because of that, I gained weight. My tummy is kinda bulging. Ops! No exercise. No diets. Just eat! Well, the pleasure of eating is basically the most enjoyable thing to do as human.

Hence, my stomach is calling for an immediate attention already, Now, I'm on my verge to discipline myself not just for foods but for some aspects of my life also. I started to warm-up mundane concentrating on my abdominal part. It was hard at first, but my goal to lessen the fats in it is more important than the tiredness and pains I will get after.

Next, the discipline to OBEY more than following my wants. This is harder than doing warm-ups everyday. Since, I'll be dealing myself and refusing my desires. The hardest is, saying NO to my YES.
photo: I "googled" it.

I have many things to obey. From personal life to life with others. Make sense??? Doing all these things, make me a better person, I know. Thus, I believe in following the Lord wants than my wants. Obeying His NO to my YES. It was painful at first because I wasn't able to undestand Him. Later on, I realized, it was and is good for me. I need to follow His leading. I might not know where this leading will bring me, however I'm sure enough something is better ahead of this.

At first, I was disobedient to His will and I noticed the same situation over and over again, with the feeling I wasn't able to bare at the end. Guilt to frustration to conviction to unforgiveness to fears. Those feelings I kept within myself. Until one day, I told myself to have a firm decision. To make a choice and stand it. After all, I'm the only who will decide what kind of life I'm going to live. And now, here I am, blogging this to remind myself of the things I am disciplining about. Surely, I will lose some remarkable people. I need to. Yet, this is for the betterment of the situation.

I am holding to God's promise that "Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in everything you do and He will show you His ways. Proverbs 3: 5-6" I know someday, in His time, things will be in order.

"Your greatest barrier is often the bridge to your greatest blessing." -Kerry Shook

Practice Obedience!

No comments:

Post a Comment